This healthy doughnut pancake recipe was a result of protein pancake experiments and it turned out absolutely delicious!
It’s quick and easy to make, only contains healthy ingredients which results in amazing macronutrients!
Suitable for both fat loss and muscle growth!
- 3 egg whites or 1 whole egg
- 100 grams cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon Fiber Husk (ground psyllium seeds, very high in fiber and basically no carbs)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- vanilla sweetener
- vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Strawberry casein icing (just simply mix casein with very little water)
Now as you can probably tell this recipe is very high in protein and fiber and low in carbs and fat. This is awesome because I could decide that i needed in this case just a little fat and a little carbs so I added some blueberries and some walnuts.
If i wanted more fat I could for example have used whole eggs instead of egg whites.
And if I would have wanted more carbs I could have replaced the psyllium seeds for oats. This makes it easy for anyone to fit their personal diets!
- Start by putting your pan on medium heat
- Spray the pan with a non-stick cooking spray
- Put all ingredients except for the toppings in a blender
- Mix until you get a smooth pancake batter
- When the pan is hot pour the batter in a doughnut shape
- Wait for a while util the pancake is getting firm and golden or until you see small bubbles
- Quickly fry on the other side until a nice golden brown color appears
- Put icing and topping on the pancakes (the batter was enough for 2 big doughnut shaped pancakes so i put them on top of each other with icing in between)