This will be a quick recipe post because even though this cake really was amazing, I feel that there are things that can be improved with this recipe. When i cook and bake it is still generally very experimental. I like to take unhealthy recipes and try to make them healthy and use them to build muscle or loose fat. Anyways here is the recipe for the latest microwave protein cake.
- 1dl apple sauce (no sugar added)
- 1 whole egg or 3 eggwhites
- 1dl oats which i know is 40-45 grams
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (35 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- splash of milk
The ratio of these ingredients are definitely not written in stone and I will get back with updates and variations of this one for sure.
- Put the oats in a mixer and turn them into oat flour
- Mix everything together in a microwaveable bowl
- Microwave on high effect for 30 seconds
- Stir it around for a bit, here I also put some calorie free chocolate sauce in the middle (but that was just to get a little “lava” effect to make it look pretty on pictures, haha).
- Back in the microwave for about 60 seconds (the time may vary depending on your microwave)
- Take it out and flip the bowl onto a plate but don’t do it to hard (I smashed my plate to a thousand pieces… luckily the cake was OK)
- Topp of with some coconut shreds